Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ramble Number One

I gazed into your eyes and saw
My own reflection, and I thought
She is looking at me as I am looking at her
And there's no place we'd rather be

And then I thought,
Does my hair look all right?
Isn't the part too severe?
If i shake my head a little...

"I love you," I heard you say

but not like you're thinking,
in a cindy and bobby brady sort of way

meaning,

I'll dress up and be in your magic show
but don't ask me to kiss you
'cause, even though we're not really brother
and sister, that's how I'll always think of you

But that was all in my head
You didn't say it

"I love you, too," I heard myself say
Looking at you and thinking,
"what is she crazy? she's her and i'm just me
she of the flowing locks, me of the severe part
she with the lips you just know
she was the one fifteen years ago
with the cherry life-saver flavored chapstick
you could just taste..."

I kissed your lips and breathed your breath and thought
This is real. This is right. And this will last
Forever

And maybe. Just maybe
I might get some

No comments:

Post a Comment